Bou Inania Madrasah, Meknes
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two regular 8-pointed star polygons with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are 9 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite and one dart).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 337 polygons.
- Photo MOR 0913 (Bou Inania Madrasah, Meknes, Morocco) from [wadei] (18th century AD)
- Page 164 (Kasbah, Tiwat, Morocco, Decor colouring adapted from the original) from [clevenot] (19th century AD)
- Fig 9.2 photo and 9.4b from [ww]
- Vol1, page 396 from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings