Alhambra, Salon de Comares
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Pattern occurs as a high stucco frieze, just below the level of the upper window grilles, continuously round all four walls of the Salon de Comares. Colour from Meknes.
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 15°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- Contains one regular 12-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are 6 non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 297 polygons.
- Page 317, Plate 18 (Alhambra, Salon de Comares, Spain. Between two rows of arches, black and white) from [fernandez] (1350-4AD, 750-5AH)
- Page 78, right (Bab Al-Khemis, Meknes, Morocco. Colour from here ) from [degeorge2]
- Photo by David Wade: MOR 2840x (Bou Inania Madrasah, Fez, Morocco) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: SPA 2120xd (Alcazar, Seville, Spain) from [wadei]
- Vol 2, page 417 (/6) (Royal Palace library, Rabat, Morocco. natural wood ceiling panel) from [paccard]