Minaret of Chellah Mosque, Rabat
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one square.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 59 polygons.
- Alhambra Museum, RE3559? (Alhambra museum, Spain. Two colour interlacing) from [pc]
- Internet photo (Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, Toledo, Spain) from [pc]
- Page 103 (Chellah Mosque, Rabat, Morocco. Minaret, colour from here, ) from [castera]
- Page 14 (Source not given, black and white) from [cahier]
- Page 59 (Bardo, Tunis. From a stucco ceiling) from [field4]
- Vol 1, page 201 (Morocco. Panel of zalijs, red and white) from [paccard]
Collections of similar tilings