Ahmad Ibn Tulun Mosque, Cairo
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 45°.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is not edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 57 polygons.
- Page 260, Fig. 129a (Ahmad Ibn Tulun, Cairo, Egypt. Succo) from [bonner] (876-9AD, 261-4AH)
- Photo EGY 0204x (Ahmad Ibn Tulun, Cairo, Egypt. Succo) from [wadei] (876-9AD, 261-4AH)
- Figure 2 (c) from [myers]
- figure 2.5.5 (a) (Uniform tiling with star polygons which are not edge-to-edge) from [gands]