Roman mosaic, Cherchel
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 4*2 (p4g).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains two squares.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- The tiling satisfies the two-colour condition.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 100 polygons.
- Page 81, middle (Bahia Palace, Marrakesh, Morocco) from [degeorge2] (19th century AD)
- Page 3 (top) from [cahier]
- Pl 161 (a) (Cherchel) from [balmelle]
- Uniform Star Polygons with Digons from [wich2]
- figure 2.5.7 (b) on page 88 from [gands]