(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and one infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 49 polygons.
- Figure 234, house 3, room 16 from [herzfeld1] (800-900AD, 183-286AH)
- Internet photo, LACMA (Iran. Star and cross tiles, probably Takht-i Sulaiman (AC1996.115.1-.5)) from [pc] (1270-80AD, 668-78AH)
- (Fatehpur Sikri, Rajah Birbal's House, India) from [smith2] (1571AD, 978AH)
- Figure 9 (Ninth century Samarra, Iraq) from [lee]
- I.10.6, bottom right, page 7 from [gands]
- Internet photo 243 (house bait al-shalabi ceilings 18thc) from [d-avennes]
- Page 41 (Cappella Palatina, Italy) from [broug]
- Pages 13 and 19 from [cahier]
- Plate 27 from [wilson]
- Plates 2-4 and Figure 15 from [elsaid]
- XLIII(4) from [jones]
Collections of similar tilings