Bourgoin, Plate 175
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Widespread and common, but does not seem to occur in Western Islam
- The symmetry group of the tiling is 2*22 (cmm).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 36°.
- Contains two regular pentagons.
- Contains one regular 10-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 108°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles (including one kite).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 209 polygons.
- Plate 10 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran. Northeast dome chamber of tympanum over corner arch) from [seherr] (1088AD, 480AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 2214 (Friday mosque, Kerman, Iran) from [wadei] (1350AD, 750AH)
- Photo from Ayman Soliman (Faraj ibn Barquq Mosque, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1398-1411AD, 800-13AH)
- Page 147 of Volume 4 (Mahan - The Shrine of Sheikh Nematullah Vali, Iran) from [iran] (1436AD, 839AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0910 (Lab-i-Hawz complex, Bukhara, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1514AD, 920AH)
- Figure 1.8, Photo 4.5 (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India) from [abas] (17th century AD)
- Photo by Bernard O'Kane (Akbar's mausoleum, Sikandra, India) from [pc] (1613AD, 1022AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IND 0516 (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India) from [wadei] (1626AD, 1035AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0706 (Tillya-Kari Madrasah, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei] (1660AD, 1070AH)
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 1129 (Madrasah-yi-Madar-i-e-Shah, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei] (1714AD, 1126AH)
- Page 48, opp (Sheki, Khans Palace, Central Asia. Stained glass window) from [gink] (1797AD, 1212AH)
- Page 127 (Mosque of the Citadel, Khiva, Central Asia) from [degeorge2] (1838AD, 1254AH)
- Page 122 (Mausoleum of Zengi Ata, Tashkent, Central Asia) from [degeorge2] (1900-25AD, 1318-44AH)
- Fig 12.1a, Fig A.12 from [ww]
- Figure 102 of Volume 3 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [iran]
- Internet photo 166 (takiyah al-shaikh husain sadaqah dome decoration 14thc) from [d-avennes]
- Page 55 from [wade]
- Photo by David Wade: IRA 0527 (Friday mosque, Isfahan, Iran) from [wadei]
- Photo by David Wade: TRA 0211/0821 (Shah-i-Zinda, Samarkand, Central Asia) from [wadei]
- Plate 175 from [bourgoin]
- Plate 32, Figure 63b (Itimad-ud-Daula's Tomb, Agra, India) from [elsaid]
- Plate 7a (India. Very similar to this from Agra) from [stronge]
- Richard Henry's web site (Hasht Behesht - Palace of Eight Paradises, Isfahan, Iran. Painted ceiling (Safavid)) from [pc]