Bourgoin, Plate 64
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *442 (p4m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 45°.
- Contains one regular octagon.
- Contains one regular 8-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 90°.
- There are two non-regular reflective tiles.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has no finite interlace and two infinite interlaces with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 239 polygons.
- From Tony Lee (Rey Madrasah, Tehran Museum, Iran. Panel) from [pc] (12th century AD)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0626 (Sari Han, Akseray-Kayseri road, Turkey) from [wadei] (1249AD, 646AH)
- From Thesaurus Islamicus M97P0444 (al-Azhar mosque, Cairo, Egypt. Under inscription) from [pc] (1474AD, 878AH)
- Page 244 from [abas]
- Plate 12, Figure 22 (Rey, Tehran Museum, Iran. Carved stucco) from [elsaid]
- Plate 64 from [bourgoin]
Collections of similar tilings