Bourgoin, Plate 23
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
A common Middle East and Central Asian pattern, but with varying proportions
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 30°.
- Contains one equilateral triangle.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There are five non-regular reflective tiles (including 2 kites).
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has two finite interlaces and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 391 polygons.
This pattern has variants as indicated below.
- Figure 30, page 68 (Sayyida Ruqayya, Cairo, Egypt. Wooden mihrab) from [grube] (1133AD, 527AH)
- Figure 228 (Mausoleum of Tusf b. Kathir, Nakhicheven, Central Asia. Tympanum above door and exterior panel) from [hill] Variant B(1161-2AD, 555-6AH)
- Figure 351 (Hatun Han, Pozar, Turkey. Side of entrance) from [hill] Variant A(1238-9AD, 635-6AH)
- Figure 508 (Sari Han, Akseray-Kayseri road, Turkey. Niche in main entrance portal) from [hill] Variant D(1249AD, 646AH)
- Photo by David Wade: TUR 0622 (Sari Han, Akseray-Kayseri road, Turkey) from [wadei] Variant D(1249AD, 646AH)
- Page 158 from [abas]
- Page 47 from [wade]
- Page 58, photo 36 (Bimaristan Arghun, Aleppo, Syria. Incised stone portal) from [bonner]
- Plate 23 from [bourgoin]
- Plate 6 (Mausoleum of Mumine Katun, Nakhicheven, Central Asia. Tympanum over entrance) from [useinov] Variant C
Collections of similar tilings