Bourgoin, Plate 5
(Click on image for high-quality PDF version)
Not all that common
- The symmetry group of the tiling is *632 (p6m).
- All the internal angles of the constituent polygons are a multiple of 60°.
- Contains one regular two-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- Contains one regular 6-pointed star polygon with vertex angle of 60°.
- There is one non-regular reflective tile.
- The tiling satisfies the interlace condition and has one finite interlace and no infinite interlace with straight cross-overs.
- The tiling is edge-to-edge.
- As drawn, contains about 135 polygons.
- Photo 11, Metrolitian Museum of Art, 40.170.442 (Sabz Pushan, Iran. Stucco panel) from [bonner] (900-1000AD, 286-389AH)
- Plate 21, Figure 44 (Western tower, Kharqan, Iran) from [elsaid] (1093AD, 485AH)
- Plate 26 (Western tower, Kharqan, Iran. Early source) from [seherr] (1093AD, 485AH)
- Photo by Ayman Soliman (Qalawun, Cairo, Egypt) from [pc] (1284-5AD, 682-3AH)
- Page 37 (Esrefoglu Mosque, Beysehir, Turkey) from [broug] (1296-1302AD, 695-701AH)
- Photo by David Wade: EGY 1625 (Aqsunqur, Cairo, Egypt) from [wadei] (1347AD, 747AH)
- Figure 3.42 (Tepe Madrasah, Iran) from [wilkinson]
- Page 146 from [abas]
- Page 29(c) from [wade]
- Plate 5 from [bourgoin]